top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need an attorney to buy, sell or refinance my property?

Whether your are buying or selling your first home or your third, having a knowledgeable, experienced attorney represent you during the transaction is imperative.

Your attorney will guide you through the process from beginning to end, including drafting or reviewing the contract; reviewing and negotiating home inspection issues; working with the mortgage company to insure a smooth transaction; reviewing title; and preparing closing documents.

The process of buying or selling a home can be confusing and stressful. Hiring the right attorney can alleviate many of your worries and help you get to your main goal...your new home.

What if I can not get to your office because I am disabled or elderly? 

We do make house calls, if necessary, for estate planning purposes, such as for Wills, Powers of Attorney and living wills. Call the office at (973) 940-3160 and make arrangements to have your questionnaires sent to you, so that we have it in time for your initial consultation.

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes! You can pay your all or a portion of your fees or retainer via credit card by calling our office.

Why do I need an attorney for my divorce or separation?

Divorce is the dissolution or ending of a marriage. Each year, many spouses decide to divorce or legally separate. Before spouses can go through the divorce process, they must meet certain requirements and have legitimate grounds for divorce. If spouses do not meet these legal requirements, they may not be allowed to obtain a divorce.

Making the decision to obtain a divorce or legal separation is not an easy one. Often, parties are confused about what rights they have, and how to begin the process.

If you plan to seek a divorce or legal separation, you should consult with a trustworthy family law attorney (s). Our office can offer you the advice, guidance, support and expertise you need during this time. Please feel free to call our office at (973) 940-3160 for more information, or e-mail Ms. Horlacher directly at

bottom of page